Crucibles are storage blocks used to melt things, added by Ex Nihilo in Version 1.12.
An Unfired Crucible is crafted with 7 Porcelain Clay.
The Unfired Crucible is then heated in a furnace to produce a usable Crucible.
Certain solid blocks can be melted down after placed in the crucible while the crucible is placed above one of the following heat sources:
|Heat Source||Melting Speed (Standard: 0.1 mB/Tick or 2mB/s)||Time / Block||Time / Bucket|
|Torch||x1.0||2m 5s||8m 20s|
|Lava (Source & Flowing)||x3.0||41.6s||2m 46s|
|Fire Water||x8.0||15.625s||1m 2.5s|
The Cruciblethe applied block down to its respective fluid. A list of the blocks that can be used on the Crucible can be found below:
The crucible can hold all types of fluids for an infinite time, giving it possible usage as a cheap liquid storage method.
Crucibles are compatible with the following blocks and mods:
- Minecraft Vanilla:
- Hoppers can be used to fill Crucibles
- Crucibles can be filled and emptied with Item and Fluid Conduit.
- Extra Utilities:
- Crucibles can be filled with blocks or items from the top, as well as ejected fluids using Extra Utilities' Transfer Nodes of any type
- MineTweaker (with ModTweaker?):
- Crucible recipes and heat sources can be altered using the Ex Nihilo MineTweaker API
Additional Fuel Sources
The following fuels are added by other mods (excluding MineTweaker):
Melting Speed (Standard: 0.1 mB/Tick or 2mB/s)
Time / Block
Time / Bucket
|Thermal Expansion||Pyrotheum (Flowing)||x10||25s||1m 40s|
|Thermal Expansion||Pyrotheum (Source)||x7.0||17.9s||1m 11s|
|Extreme Reactors||Yellorium Block||x20.0||6.25s||25s|
|Thermal Foundation||Blazing Pyrotheum||x90.0||1.5s||6s|
Additional Melting Recipes
The following Blocks from other mods can be used on a crucible without MineTweaker: